Saturday, September 4, 2010

Omelets!

Breakfast this morning? Ham, sharp cheddar, monteray jack, and green onion omelets!

This weekend we have my youngest brother-in-law staying with us, and while he's here he is going to help the hubby with a building project. I thought I'd make a hearty omelette for each of them to start them off.

I taught myself how to make an omelet a few months ago, and, in the event that there are others who don't know how I'll put it here!

Normally I use two eggs but the fact that these guys were hungry had me grabbing for three.

Omelets
3 eggs
2 T milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 C. chopped ham
1/4 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 C. shredded monteray jack cheese
2 T. chopped green onion
1 T. vegetable oil

Scramble eggs in a bowl with milk, salt and pepper. Heat oil in your skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour eggs into the skillet. As the eggs cook, push the cooked egg slowly towards the middle of the skillet,* letting the uncooked egg drain to the outside. Once the egg is no longer runny, add your cheese, green onion and ham to half of the egg. Fold in half and place on a plate and enjoy!

*I have found that using a rubber spatula works the best for this.

Obviously, you can use any fillings you want in your omelet. My hubby loves mushroom, bacon, and green bell pepper in his sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment