Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hasselback Potatoes

We had some friends over for dinner the other night and I wanted to try something new. Something other than mashed potatoes. Not that I'm sick of them or anything.

Anyways. While perusing some of my favorite food blogs, I had come across these yummy looking spuds and decided that tonight would be the night! I made a few changes according to what I had (or rather, didn't have) in my kitchen.

Hasselback Potatoes
Recipe and photos by Busy Nothings. Original recipe at For the Love of Cooking.
4 medium baking potatoes
Olive oil
Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
Dried basil, to taste
Garlic powder*, to taste

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. While its warming up, wash your potatoes very well and slice thinly, being careful to not cut all the way through. (Use a large spoon to hold the potato to ensure you don't slice all the way through, if you need it). Season each potato with salt, pepper, basil and garlic powder to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Bake for one hour, or until potato is tender. Serve with butter and sour cream if desired.

I didn't even think of it at the time, but these would be so easy to make on the grill also. Just place on hot grill and cook until tender. Yum!


*Original recipe calls for thinly sliced garlic placed between each potato slice. As I didn't have any fresh garlic(hard to believe) I used garlic powder. I can't wait to try these with fresh garlic!

No comments:

Post a Comment