Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicken Tacos


As it is so close to payday, the supplies in my kitchen are running slightly low. It happens. I had two chicken breasts left and I wanted to use them, but really didn't feel like cooking a big meal. Since I wasn't feeling fried or baked, I decided to go with...Chicken Tacos!

It was super easy...First I chopped the thawed chicken into small, bite size pieces. Next I just tossed it into the pan with some olive oil, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes and some salt and pepper to taste.

My recipe called for a cup of lemonade, but I just used some organic lemon juice and water over the chicken and let it simmer. Once the liquid cooked down I was left with some delicious slightly spicy, slightly lemon-y tasting chicken.

Combined with some heated soft shells, cheese, salsa and home-made guacamole and topped with sour cream, these were a hit! My husband loved them and I wish I had had room for more than one!

I will definitely be making these again...with the addition of lime juice to the lemon juice...I think it will give it a good kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment