Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Flat Iron Steak

I've never made flat iron steak before. Heck, I'd never even heard of it before I was perusing the cuts of meat that were on sale! But I thought I'd give it a try.

I found a recipe for a rub online at Allrecipes and with a (very) little tweaking I used what I had here at home and made me some steak!



This is, not only my first time making a flat iron steak, its also the first time I've ever made or even used a rub!



I read somewhere online that wrapping the steaks in plastic wrap is the best way for to marinate with a rub so I proceded to do that then stuck them in the fridge for four hours before cooking.

Here is my slightly altered version of the recipe:

Three Pepper Rub for Flat Iron Steak.
2 T. paprika
3 t. salt
3 t. brown sugar
1 T. chili powder
1 t. red pepper flakes
1 t. ground black pepper
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1 1/2 t. ground cumin

Mix everything together and rub onto steaks!

** This covered 4 small steaks with a little left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment