Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Case of the Exploding Casserole.

Yesterday was a day like many others. And so, last night was a night like many others. I read. He played video games. I wrote. He played video games. I cooked. He played games. :) I made a delicious Sheppard's Pie, something I hadn't made in a long time. So, I took the time to prepare it, and all that fun stuff.

When it was done cooking, I took it out of the oven, and set it on the stove top, and got ready to eat. It tasted great, and once I put away the leftovers, I didn't do the dishes right away, so the casserole pan was left sitting on the stove top.

A while later, I decided that I wanted some tea. Some nice, warm tea. So, I turned on the back burner, and went to fold the laundry. Right away, I could hear the sound of what I thought was the water heating up. T'wasn't so.

I accidentally turned on the front burner. Where the casserole sat. Of course, I freaked out a small bit, put on an oven mitt and put it in the sink. I thought it would be fine, because there wasn't any water in it. Not so.

It was literally less than 5 seconds, before there was a loud BANG, and glass went flying everywhere. And I mean everywhere.

Needless to say, I was quite scared. I'll admit it. I very nearly cried, it scared me so bad. And, naturally, I am now casserole-less.

So, that was my big(or not so big...more of a loud) adventure of the night. Hopefully one that won't repeat.

*Note to self: Rapid temperature change on glass objects is likely to result in explosion*

No comments:

Post a Comment